The Admissions Transporter transfers the cats from the Admissions Station to the Anesthesia Station waiting area, or to isolation, if they are infectious and also delivers cats who only need booster vaccinations to the Veterinary Examination Station. A rabies vaccine is not required for this station.
- Anyone handling traps with conscious cats must wear leather gloves.
- Do not stack traps on top of each other.
- Be sure cats are covered and cannot see.
- Assure any Gender ID, URI or Food tags stay in place and are visible on the outside of the trap cover. The red Medical Alert tag does not need to be visible.
Admissions Transporter Instructions
If not already done during setup, cover the discharge area floor with plastic sheeting. Tape the corners.
Create and post numeric signs in the recovery hall where the cats arriving from recovery will be grouped by the last 2 digits of their ID number.
If present, assure any Gender ID, URI, or Food tags stay in place and are visible on the outside of the trap cover. The red Medical Alert tag does not need to be visible.
Transport cats scheduled for surgery to the Anesthesia Station waiting area. Do not knock the cart on the walls and doors of the facility:
- Stage the cats in the waiting area in groups by discharge time.
- Assure that cats are presented to the Anesthesia Station in the order of earliest discharge time.
- Overflow cats can be placed in the side hallway in groups in order of earliest discharge time.
Transport cats with possible URI (upper respiratory infection) or other infectious conditions to the space designated for isolation. This includes cats that appear healthy but arrive with infectious cats.
Transport cats scheduled only for vaccine boosters directly to the Veterinary Examination Station. The cats will be discharged immediately after being vaccinated. After they have been vaccinated, transport the cats and the original Rabies Certificates back from the Clinic Records Station to the Express Lane table in the Admissions Station .
Leave the carts in place for the Discharge Transporters after all the cats have been transferred from the Admissions Station to the appropriate clinic station.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When admissions is concluded:
- Inventory the remaining supplies and repack the supply kit.
- Return the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.
- Clean the area and dispose of all trash.
- Wash all tables.
- Sweep or vacuum and mop the floors.