The Clinic Cashier organizes merchandise, accepts donations and manages transaction records during admissions and discharge. The cashier is an ambassador for Operation Catnip’s spay-neuter program and should feel comfortable encouraging caregivers to make donations to help cover the cost of treating the cats. No rabies vaccine is required for this station.
- Never leave the cashier box unattended during a clinic. Notify Operation Catnip personnel, if you need to leave the station for any reason.
Clinic Cashier Instructions
Check off the caregiver’s name on the Caregiver Reservation Log. If a caregiver does not have a reservation, inform them of the need to make one before they come again.
Note: Repeated failure to make a reservation will result in loss of clinic privileges.
Confirm that each Caregiver Release Form is correctly completed, including email address and multiple phone numbers. There should be a separate form for each colony location.
Ask each caregiver for a donation. Let them know that it costs $50 to provide care for each cat.
Complete the donation portion of the Caregiver Release Form for each caregiver contribution.
Process credit card donations using the Square® Credit Card Swiper.
Place payments in the cashier box immediately after each transaction.
Return the Caregiver Release Form to the caregiver and direct them to the appropriate Check-in Recorder:
- Caregivers with a single cat or with cats only needing vaccine boosters should be directed to the Express Lane.
- All others should be directed to a Multiple Cats Lane.
Collect donations for scrub tops from the Volunteer Coordinator.
Complete the Clinic Deposit Record. Make sure it is witnessed and lock all payments received in the cashier box.
Transfer the supplies and cashier box to the Cashier assigned to manage the donations table when discharge begins.
At the end of the day when discharge is complete, the Cashier and a witness will perform a final count of donations from caregivers, scrub tops, and others; reconcile cash, checks, and credit card payments with the Clinic Deposit Record; and turn in all proceeds to the Clinic Supervisor.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When discharge is concluded:
- Inventory the remaining supplies, and repack the supply kit.
- Return the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.
- Clean the area and dispose of all trash.
- Wash all tables.
- Deliver the cashier box with the donations and the Clinic Deposit Record to Operation Catnip personnel.*
* Donations and sales take place during discharge as well as during admissions and the cashier box is not closed out until the clinic has ended.