Discharge Transporters collect the traps from the Recovery Station as the Discharge Director calls for them and transports the conscious cats to the discharge area where they are grouped according to Cat ID number. No rabies vaccination is required for this position.
- Anyone handling traps with conscious cats must wear leather gloves.
- Be sure cats are covered and cannot see.
Discharge Transporter Instructions
Isolate any cats with ringworm, URI or other infectious conditions so that they do not come into contact with healthy cats.
Verify the Cat ID number, the trap number and the cat color before releasing the cat to the caregiver.
Help the caregivers to their cars as needed.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When the clinic is concluded:
- Inventory the remaining supplies and repack the supply kit.
- Return the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.
- Clean the area and dispose of all trash.
- Wash all of the tables.
- Sweep or vacuum and mop the floor.