The Instruments Transporter distributes buckets of warm soapy water to the surgical stations for disposal of used instruments, collects the used instruments and surgical towels throughout the duration of the clinic and processes laundry throughout the clinic day. No rabies vaccination is required for this position.
- The Instruments Transporter will occasionally need to enter the surgery area to retrieve instruments, drapes, and pack wraps. The Instrument Transporter must wear a cap and mask at all times while in the surgery area.
Instruments Transporter Instructions
Prepare warm, soapy water in at least 15 bucket/strainer pairs. Use a dash of liquid soap for each bucket and add hot water until the buckets are ½ full.
Place two white pails and two red pails filled ½ with COLD water and ¼ cup of Oxi-clean on each side of the Spay-Neuter supply table: white pales are for CLEAN wraps and drapes and the red pails are for wraps, drapes and towels with ANY blood on the cloth. All tissue must be removed by the surgeon or veterinary assistant.
Collect the buckets of used instruments from the stations throughout the duration of the clinic, and replace each one collected with a fresh bucket of soapy water.
Collect the used surgical linens from the pails throughout the clinic.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When the clinic is concluded:
- Inventory the remaining supplies and repack the supply kit.
- Return the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.
- Clean the area and dispose of all trash.
- Wash all tables, including the central trough, and wipe down the entire base of the table.
- Remove the tape from the underside of the table.
- Wipe as much of the overhead surgery lamp as can be reached.