The Instruments Transporter distributes buckets of warm soapy water to the surgical stations for disposal of used instruments, collects the used instruments and surgical towels throughout the duration of the clinic and processes laundry throughout the clinic day. No rabies vaccination is required for this position.
- Do not enter the surgery stations; the Surgery Transporter will bring all instruments to the surgical area entry (duct tape line on floor) for collection by the Instruments Transporter.
Instruments Transporter Instructions
Prepare warm, soapy water in at least 15 bucket/strainer pairs. Use a dash of liquid soap for each bucket and add hot water until the buckets are ½ full.
Place two laundry baskets at each end of the Spay-Neuter supply table: one for soiled blue towels and one for clean, reusable outer wrap autoclave paper.
Collect the buckets of used instruments from the stations throughout the duration of the clinic, and replace each one collected with a fresh bucket of soapy water.
Collect the used surgical linens and autoclave paper from the baskets throughout the clinic.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When the clinic is concluded:
- Inventory the remaining supplies and repack the supply kit.
- Return the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.
- Clean the area and dispose of all trash.
- Wash all tables, including the central trough, and wipe down the entire base of the table.
- Remove the tape from the underside of the table.
- Wipe as much of the overhead surgery lamp as can be reached.
- Sweep or vacuum and mop the floor.