The Trap Manager cleans the traps after the cats have been removed at the Anesthesia Station, organizes the sanitized traps in preparation for the cat’s return, keeps trap covers with their corresponding traps and delivers the traps to the Recovery Transporter as needed. No rabies vaccination is required for this position.
- To the extent possible, traps are cleaned and prepared in the same order as the cats are anesthetized, so that the correct trap is available for each cat as it exits the Clinic Records Station.
- Trap covers should be kept on the trap with which they came.
Trap Manager Instructions
Remove and collect any remaining pink and blue Gender ID tags and their clips from traps. After the last trap has been cleaned, return the tags and clips to the Admissions Station.
Clean the soiled traps using detergent, brushes, and scouring pads.
Cover the bottom of each trap with newspaper.
Check that traps with rear doors are properly secured.
Identify any broken traps, and use zip ties to secure or repair as necessary.
Keep the trap cover with the trap to avoid mixing up covers.
Organize the traps in numerical order according to the cat ID# on the white sticker in groups of 10’s.
Deliver the clean traps to the Recovery Transporters as needed.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When the clinic is concluded:
- Inventory the remaining supplies and repack the supply kit.
- Return the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.
- Clean the area and dispose of all trash.
- Wash all tables, including the central trough, and wipe down the entire base of the table.
- Remove the tape from the underside of the table.
- Wipe as much of the overhead surgery lamp as can be reached.
- Sweep or vacuum and mop the floor.