The Trap Manager cleans the traps after the cats have been removed at the Anesthesia Station, organizes the sanitized traps in preparation for the cat’s return, keeps trap covers with their corresponding traps and delivers the traps to the Recovery Transporter as needed. No rabies vaccination is required for this position.
- To the extent possible, traps are cleaned and prepared in the same order as the cats are anesthetized, so that the correct trap is available for each cat as it exits the Clinic Records Station.
- Trap covers should be kept on the trap with which they came.
Trap Manager Instructions
Remove and collect any remaining pink and blue Gender ID tags and their clips from traps. After the last trap has been cleaned, clean and return the tags and clips to the Admissions Station.
Empty all trash and debris from traps. Items, such as bowls or clothing, which may belong to a caregiver, should be removed and set aside for safekeeping.
Clean soiled traps using detergent, brushes, and scouring pads as necessary.
Cover the bottom of each trap with sheets of folded newspaper.
Check that traps with rear doors are properly secured, and use zip ties or carabiner clips to secure as necessary.
Identify any broken traps, and use zip ties to secure as necessary. Alert a supervisor to have the trap tagged for later repair or to locate a more secure trap in good working order.
Keep the trap cover with the trap it arrived with, to avoid mixing up covers and minimize any potential contamination between cats. A heavily soiled trap cover may be replaced with a clean trap cover.
Organize the traps in groups according to the Cat ID Number. The white sticker on top of each trap is the Cat ID Number. Cleaned, prepared traps should be grouped for easy locating in clusters based solely on the tens digit of their Cat ID Number, in distinct groups from the 00s to the 90s. I.E., traps with Cat IDs 01-09, 100-109, and 200-209, etc, would all be located together in the same “00s Group”. Likewise, traps with Cat IDs 2040-2049, 2140-2149, 2240-2249, etc, would be located together in the same “40s Group”, and so forth.
Deliver the clean traps to the Recovery Transporters as needed.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When the clinic is concluded:
- Inventory the remaining supplies and repack the supply kit.
- Return the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.
- Clean the area and dispose of all trash.
- Wash all tables, including the central trough, and wipe down the entire base of the table.
- Remove any tape from the undersides of the tables.
- Sweep or vacuum and mop the floor.