All volunteers must sign in at Volunteer Check-In before reporting to their clinic stations. An Operation Catnip scrub top must be worn by all volunteers. Gloves must be worn at all times. Volunteers must also sign out after their shifts.
Volunteer Check-In Station Instructions
New volunteers are escorted to their station. Volunteers are encouraged to arrive early enough to meet the team of station volunteers with whom they will be working.
Arrive at the clinic at least 15 minutes before your scheduled start time, and locate the volunteer check-in table near the Admissions Station. At least a week before the clinic, our volunteer coordinator notifies volunteers of their scheduled arrival times.
Find your name on the appropriate Volunteer Sign-In & Release.
- The sign-in sheets are divided by veterinary student graduation years, rabies vaccinated community volunteers, non-rabies vaccinated community volunteers, and DVM volunteers.
- Complete your signature and the time you check in. Rabies vaccinated community volunteers need to include the month and year of their last rabies vaccination or titer.
- After your shift, complete your check out time.
Provide your current contact information and rabies vaccination status on the Volunteer Sign In Form & Release Waiver that applies to your volunteer status:
- Community volunteer
- Veterinary student volunteer (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior)
Confirm your station assignment on the Volunteer Sign-In Form & Release and pick up your preprinted volunteer nametag from the appropriately labeled bin. Name tags must be worn at all times.
- Red name tags are worn by volunteers without rabies vaccinations
- Green name tags are worn by volunteers with rabies vaccinations
Purchase a scrub top from the Volunteer Coordinator if necessary.
Report to your assigned station ten minutes before the station opens to receive instructions from the designated Captain.
All Station Images
Station Closing and Cleanup
When discharge is concluded:
- The Volunteer Coordinator inventories the remaining supplies and repacks the supply kit.
- The Volunteer Coordinator returns the kit, station instructions and any remaining items to storage.