When you call Operation Catnip to make a Catnip Sunday clinic reservation, you can make trap loan reservations at the same time if you don’t have your own, previously approved, humane wire traps.
Stray and feral community cats survive because they are smart and wary creatures who are sometimes challenging to trap. Please be realistic about the number of cats you expect to trap when making reservations. We reserve the right to limit the number of traps allowed per caregiver to 10.
Pick Up trap(s)
Trap pick-up week runs from Saturday through Saturday, beginning two weeks prior to Catnip Sunday. Traps must be picked up one week prior to Catnip Sunday. Reservations not fulfilled, will be cancelled. Repeated reservations that are not fulfilled may result in loss of reservation privileges.
Only an Operation Catnip representative can loan traps for our clinics. A Catnip Sunday clinic reservation and a $70 trap deposit are required. We accept cash, checks, credit or debit cards. Your deposit will be released when you return the trap the week following the clinic. We are not open on Mondays. Traps may only be returned during our regular office hours. Traps dropped off and not officially returned may result in the loss of your deposit. All traps returned late without prior authorization will result in a $10 per trap late fee. This fee is to help recoup a small portion of the cost of staff time tracking down delinquent traps.
Trap Loan Agreement (PDF opens in a new window)
This is not the form currently used by Operation Catnip, it is an example for other programs to use.
Our trap storage is located at our office behind the Alachua County Humane Society at 4205 NW 6th St, Gainesville. Traps can be picked up and returned only during office hours.
- Tuesday through Friday – 1:00pm to 6:00pm.
- Saturday – 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Operation Catnip is CLOSED on Friday and Saturday immediately prior to any Catnip Sunday Clinic. Call the office at 352-280-0940 for current office hours.
The Alachua County Humane Society does not loan traps for use by Operation Catnip caregivers for Catnip Sunday clinics or any Operation Catnip program.
To reclaim your deposit, return the borrowed traps clean and free of any paper or debris within one week of the clinic. Please launder and return the trap cover as well. If you are not successful in trapping all the cats in your colony, check with Operation Catnip staff about the availability of our Colony Completion program, or return any borrowed traps, and make a reservation for the next Catnip Sunday clinic.
Links open external websites in a new window.
- Cat trap: http://www.livetrap.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=590
- Drop trap: http://www.livetrap.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=751
- Trap divider: http://www.livetrap.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30177
- Feral cat box: http://www.livetrap.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30203
- Injection shield for cats in plastic feral cat boxes: http://www.livetrap.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30238
- TruCatch traps: http://www.trucatchtraps.com/small-animal-traps